– The Vbeam Perfecta®
– This laser eliminates broken capillaries and redness by selectively targeting red blood vessels while sparing the surrounding skin.
The laser light heats superficial blood vessels causing them to narrow which in turn reduces redness.
Both blood vessels which are visible to the eye and microscopic blood vessels are treated.
– This laser is gentler than earlier models because each laser pulse is divided into 8 evenly spaced micro-pulses providing gentle blood vessel warming and consistently excellent results.
The Vbeam Perfecta® laser's most innovative feature is a cooling mist released just prior to each laser pulse.
This cooling system protects the skin and minimizes side effects such as redness and bruising often seen with other lasers.
– The sensation has been compared to having an elastic band snapped against the skin.
– Patients may experience slight redness and mild swelling for up to 2 hours.
Immediately after treatment, patients may apply cosmetics and return to normal activities.
– 15-30 minutes.
– Patients note an improvement in the appearance of their skin within one week of treatment.
– Dr. Overman strongly encourages patients to use sunscreen to minimize further sun damage that would lead to more broken capillaries.
Dr. Overman, recommends, uses and carries Obagi sunscreens for Healthy Skin Protection® or Physical UV Block®.
– Usually one treatment is sufficient to eliminate broken capillaries, but some patients may need a second or even a third treatment for larger vessels.
|Less than 4 square cm
||Less than a quarter
|4 to 10 square cm
||Nose or high cheeks
|10 to 100 square cm
Before Your Laser Appointment