Click for Prices
– GentleMax® laser
– The laser light gently passes through the skin and heats the hair which then transfers the heat to the hair follicles making them permanently unable to produce hair.
– This laser is an improvement over earlier lasers because it does not emit wavelengths of light that can burn the skin.
It also protects the skin with an innovative cooling mist, released just before each laser pulse.
These new skin protective features make it possible for the GentleMax® to treat skin of color which could not be treated by more primitive laser models.
– The GentleMax® will treat all skin colors and both men and women.
However, white, blond, grey and red hair do not absorb enough laser light to inactivate the follicle so, unfortunately, no existing laser is effective on these hair colors.
– Patients liken the sensation of the laser to an elastic band being snapped against the skin.
The cooling mist reduces this sensation compared to earlier laser models.
– There is no downtime after hair removal with GentleMAX®.
– Sessions range from 5 minutes to an hour, depending on the size and number of areas treated.
– With every session there is significant reduction in the amount of hair in the treated area.
– Only hair follicles in the growing phase respond to treatment.
Follicles in the resting phase and falling-out phase must be treated later when they move into the growth phase.
Since not all hair follicles can be treated at the same time, it usually requires 4 to 6 treatments spaced a month apart to make an area stop producing.
- For best results, do not pluck or wax for 6 weeks before and between GentleMax treatments.
Shaving and DermaPlaning are acceptable up to 48 hours before treatment.
- Shave area to be treated about 48 hours before laser treatment to avoid the smell of burning hair.
- Please also observe the guidelines found in Before Your Laser Appointment.