– Gentle Max® Laser
– Mild to moderate skin laxity due to disorganized collagen
– The laser beam passes through the skin and heats collagen in the skin's deeper layers. This heat disrupts the collagen's structure triggering a process referred to as remodeling. In the initial phase of remodeling, the collagen contracts, tightening the skin. The next phase of remodeling is a more complex process. Cells called "fibroblasts" migrate to the treated area and begin to produce new collagen and the old, disorganized collagen is replaced by a new tightly organized matrix. This matrix makes the skin tighter, firmer and more elastic. This effect will last months or even years with maintenance treatments.
– Dr. Overman uses a novel technique to achieve superior skin tightening with the Gentle Max as compared to what has been previously reported. Only a limited number of physicians have been given the opportunity to learn this new method of skin tightening.
– Patients with light to medium color skin (Fitzpatrick I - III)
– Sagging skin on jowls, under jaw and upper neck; lax abdominal skin, loose skin above the knee, sagging skin on inside of upper arms
– Patients experience only warmness or a tingling sensation.
– Patients may experience slight redness and mild swelling which will resolve over the next few hours.
– 60 minutes
– Some patients have reported seeing results as early as the first week after treatment. Improvement will continue up to 6 months after the final treatment as the collagen remodels. The results are long-lasting and follow-up treatments can help maintain them.
– Use of the Obagi Condition and Enhance System will continue the process begun by laser treatment by promoting further collagen remodeling and stimulating the production of new elastin and preventing the sun from degrading the new collagen.
Dr. Overman, recommends, uses and carries the Obagi Condition and Enhance System.
– 2 treatments one month apart (other less efficient and effective methods require 6 treatments).
|Number of Treatments
Before Your Laser Appointment